Come to an introductory presentation and dialogue with Marco Vangelisti about ways to approach and engage with ‘local impact investing.’ Marco is a 100% impact investor with a longstanding commitment to direct local investments and a founding member of the socially responsible investment movement, Slow Money. To be held at the VSECU Building (1 Bailey Ave.), Montpelier on Tue., May 23 from 5:30-7:30 PM; includes great food from Skinny Pancake. BALE (as a sponsor) has a limited number of free tickets. Want one?; email Chris Wood HERE. For more info on the event, click HERE.
On May 24th, at the King Arthur Flour Cafe and school:
Join us for a daylong workshop on Aligning Your Investments with your Values with Marco Vangelisti, a former finance industry expert and 100% impact investor with a long-standing commitment to direct local investment. Marco is a national thought leader on local impact investing.
If you long to operate with integrity in all parts of your life but feel under-equipped or bewildered by the idea of aligning your investments with your values, this workshop is a chance to learn essential portfolio management and risk assessment skills, and link your financial resources with local resilience.
In this safe, supportive and constructive workshop you will:
- Clarify your own values and build your personal investment compass
- Learn basic concepts of portfolio management and the tools to assess your liquidity and risk profile
- Learn to include non-financial considerations when evaluating investments
- Learn how to assess an investment opportunity’s risk and alignment with your values
- Connect with a group of like-minded individuals interested in building a better world through their investments
Registration includes continental breakfast and lunch. Learn more about the event and Marco Vangelisti at Milk Money Vermont.