WHAT: BALE (Building A Local Economy) is holding its annual online auction to keep the fun in fundraising, and celebrate the many gifts, products, and talents, local to our area.
WHEN: The auction will run November 10th through December 15th, 2017.
WHY: Our goal is to raise $12,000 toward sustaining the year-round work of this six-year old grassroots community organization, committed to supporting local economic initiatives in a globalized economy. BALE is a community resource center – a physical space, free and open to the public for classes, events, music nights, art space, and more – as well as a group of committed citizens supporting local initiatives, community organization, local events, and education to spread awareness and build power toward a more resilient and abundant future.
HOW: We are looking for auction item donations of any size, type, or category. Why support BALE by donating your item? Because donating to BALE not only supports our work of building resilience and community, but also supports your business, skills, ideas, art work, you name it. Donate your item, gift certificate, or other donation to support this important community organization – and reach thousands of people in our regional network. Download the donation form here: BALE Online Auction Donation form 2017.
SHOP: Check out our auction site to find items for you, friends, or family. Find something unique this for the winter or spring or holiday season, and be a part of the change. Help build resilience.
More about BALE and what we do:
BALE (Building A Local Economy) is a six-year old community resource center for local economic initiatives in the White River Valley in Vermont.
BALE is a community organization that:
- operates a completely free community center and art space in South Royalton
- runs educational programs throughout the year, in communities around the region
- helped launch the White River Investment Club (investing in local businesses)
- launched the White River Community Solar Initiative
- produces the Locally Grown Guide (listing of local farms, services, and producers)
- hosts the annual Valley Fest: A Celebration of All Things Local
- serves as a strong collaborator with a diverse group of community organizations – a hub of community organizing and outreach