Current Show: February 20 – April 30, 2017
Jasper Tomkins; Expansions
The award winning author/illustrator Jasper Tomkins displays a series of colorful paintings titled Expansions. These dynamic, enchanting and humorous acrylics on canvas have been created by taking selections from thousands of back pocket thumbnail sketches and expanding them from one-inch squares to two-foot squares. Jasper Tomkins is the award-winning and bestselling children’s book author and illustrator. His published books have won many prestigious awards including the International Children’s Book Award, the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Award, the Washington State Children’s Choice Award, the National Parent’s Choice Award and the National Children’s Choice Award. He has toured schools K-6 throughout the U.S and China inspiring thousands of children to read and write and draw for 30 years.
Tomkins’ children’s books will also be on sale at the gallery.
White River Gallery, 35 South Windsor Street, South Royalton, Vermont, 05068 802.498.8438
Hours: Weekdays and by appointment: Contact Gallery Director Dian Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past and future shows at the White River Gallery: curated by Dian Parker
1. Winter 2016 – The Power of Black Ink – Lynn Newcomb; etchings and lithographs
2.Spring 2016 – Who Turned on the Light? – James Vogler; oil paintings
3. Summer 2016 – Fully Involved – Bunny Harvey; semi-abstract landscape oil paintings
4. Fall 2016 – Touching at a Distance – Brenda Garand; sculptures and drawings
5. Winter 2017 – National Tour – Award-Winning Audubon Bird Photographs from 2016
6. Winter 2017– Expansions – Jasper Tomkins; acrylics
7. Spring 2017 – W. David Powell; collages
8. Summer 2017 – Patrick Dunfey; large paintings on paper
9. Fall 2017 – John Parker; assemblages
AUDUBON PHOTOSBRENDA GARAND